Beleza School of Samba Etiquette Guidelines
Beleza School of Samba is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all members and volunteers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background.
We aim to develop a culture of inclusion, respect and diversity in which all those connected to the samba school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in samba school life.
All members and volunteers will be expected to treat each other with respect and fairness and to uphold our principles of inclusion, respect and diversity within class, the community and performance settings.
Our general etiquette guidelines include:
- Honouring our school and our flag by presenting ourselves with warmth, openness and dignity in all settings
- Honouring and respecting our teachers by arriving on time, listening, engaging and rehearsing as requested
- Honouring and respecting each other by offering support, encouragement and kindness, with a commitment to addressing any complaints or unresolved issues with one of the directors
- Honouring and respecting our costumes and instruments by taking care of them; including collecting them at the end of each performance, storing them safely and returning them if needed
- Honouring and respecting our guests and our partners with openness, warmth and kindness
- Honouring, respecting and taking responsibility for any children that attend rehearsals and/or performances ensuring their safety and avoiding excess noise, unruly behaviour or disturbances
Thank you for helping to make our beautiful samba family so amazing!
Lots of love,
Come join us!
If you would like to join in with the bateria or come and learn how to dance Samba, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get you started!
Come visit us at our website and find out more about us:
If you like this story - please share and spread the samba love!